With the increasing awareness of health care and protection, many people have come to comprehensive health insurance as a solution that both saves money and ensures long-term health.
Health insurance is not only a care for yourself but also a gift for your loved ones. Just find out and sign up for a comprehensive health insurance package, you and your family can rest assured to take care of your health or treat illness without spending too much. The following article will provide you with basic information about the benefits that this program brings.
What is comprehensive health insurance?
Comprehensive health insurance is an insurance service for all medical needs for you and your family. This program not only covers the costs of outpatient and inpatient treatment, but also includes counseling, testing, and hospital stay.
However, comprehensive health insurance also has limitations for physical therapy, acupuncture, homeopathy, or chiropractic treatments. You may be able to apply for additional alternative medicine benefits for a specified cost for higher compensation.
Comprehensive health insurance covers what cases?
A typical comprehensive health insurance plan always has certain basic benefits such as outpatient treatment, inpatient treatment, other health care services. Besides, you still have the right to choose from appropriate additional benefits, including travel benefits that help you pay for reasonable medical expenses around the world.
Comprehensive health insurance usually includes:
- Outpatient benefits: support the costs of visits to the clinic, hospital, costs of tests, X-rays prescribed by the treating doctor and prescribed drugs. These are cases that do not require hospitalization.
- Examination and consultation with specialist doctors.
- Diagnostic imaging tests such as MRI, CT, and PET scans are mostly covered under a comprehensive health insurance policy.
- Alternative medicine: therapies such as homeopathy, chiropractic, acupuncture, and herbal medicines prescribed by oriental medicine practitioners also receive support from comprehensive health insurance at a prescribed rate.
- Inpatient treatment: the insurance company covers the usual costs of accommodation and meals, expenses for surgeons, anesthesiologists, and pre- and post-treatment costs. hospitalization (including rehabilitation), home nursing or other inpatient expenses.
- Maternity benefits for childbirth or miscarriage, forced abortion.
- Dental benefits and emergency medical benefits such as accidental outpatient treatment, accidental tooth damage are also included in the comprehensive health insurance policy.
Policy options for a comprehensive health insurance plan
Once you have determined the health care needs of yourself and your family, it will be easy for you to choose the corresponding insurance policies.
- You can tailor your insurance plan according to your existing budget. Note that, in some cases, you may need an advance payment for medical expenses before the insurance company pays the medical bill.
- Have a health insurance plan that covers your medical expenses abroad. If you are a person who likes to travel to explore or have a lot of business trips, it will be a useful option.
- Comprehensive family health insurance will add parents, spouse, children to a common list and have an appropriate care policy.
The benefits of comprehensive health insurance
Signing up for a comprehensive health insurance plan will give you a lot of benefits, such as:
You can rest assured that your and your family’s medical expenses for diagnosis, testing, treatment and related care are covered and covered by your insurance company.
- Consultants are always available to assist you, even on weekends.
- You will be using the latest technology in diagnosis and testing at the hospital.
- If you need to be hospitalized for inpatient treatment, you can stay in a private room with all the desired amenities.
- The insurance company also has a 24/7 support line, always helping you when you need it.
Things to keep in mind when applying for comprehensive health insurance
Before deciding to buy comprehensive health insurance, there are a few points you should consider carefully:
- Compare insurance quality between companies and benefits between different health plans.
- Knowing what kind of treatment your insurance policy covers, don’t wait until you file a claim to find out it’s not covered.
- Find out if the insurance policy has any limits on premiums and coverage. For example, if you or a loved one needs long-term inpatient treatment, choose a plan with high inpatient benefits.
- Learn how insurance pays and reimburses to avoid unnecessary omissions.
When looking for a comprehensive health insurance that is right for you, do not hesitate to consult an insurance agent. Almost every insurance company is very supportive to make the choice that is right for you. They also provide complete information, insurance policies and a list of hospitals that offer comprehensive health insurance.
Hopefully with the above information, you will consider and use comprehensive health insurance to improve the health care spirit of the whole family.